|Item#||Name||Size & Form||Brand||Price||Retail||Actions|
5-HTP (L-5-Hydroxytryptophan) is an intermediate in the natural conversion of the essential amino acid, tryptophan, to serotonin. Clinical studies have shown that 5-HTP increases the amount and availability of serotonin produced by the body. Increased brain serotonin levels may produce positive effects on emotional well-being, appetite regulation, melatonin production and maintaining a healthy sleep cycle. Source Naturals 5-HTP is naturally derived from the seeds of the African plant Griffonia simplicifolia.
Sleep is especially important in today’s world. It’s the time when your body repairs, rebuilds and replenishes the tissues and compounds that have been damaged or depleted by the demands of your life. But when there is too much stress, imbalances occur that can keep you from getting enough sleep.
Source Naturals, the science company, introduces 5-HTP to help promote healthy sleep cycles. 5-HTP, or L-5-Hydroxytryptophan, is created when the tryptophan in your body is converted into serotonin. 5-HTP can cross the blood-brain barrier and is associated with increasing active serotonin levels as well as serotonin production. And those increased serotonin levels are associated with healthy sleep regulation, increased melatonin production for 24-hour sleep cycle regulation, mood regulation, and appetite control. Source Natural’s 5-HTP capsules are safely and naturally derived from Griffonia simplicifolia seeds.
5-HTP works because it supports your body’s balanced production of two important sleep regulating hormones, serotonin and melatonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps regulate sleep, moods and appetite. But you need adequate serotonin levels to maintain this balance. 5-HTP is the serotonin precursor that is formed when tryptophan is converted into serotonin in your body. In clinical research, 5-HTP increased the amount and availability of serotonin produced by the body. It is able to cross the blood brain–barrier to increase both serotonin levels and serotonin production in your brain so you can regain a healthy balance when you are sleeping, feeling emotions, or eating.
Eventually, the serotonin in your body is converted into melatonin, the hormone that helps regulate healthy 24-hour sleep cycles known as circadian rhythms. Aging and various forms of physical or emotional stress can decrease your melatonin levels and disrupt your sleep cycle. Fortunately, that balance can be regained. When 5-HTP increases serotonin production, melatonin production is also increased, which can help you regain a healthy circadian rhythm.
Source Naturals 5-HTP is safely derived from Griffonia simplicifolia seeds and is available in 50 and 100 mg potencies. Innovative natural products, such as 5-HTP, are part of a new paradigm in health care. You can join this revolution in preventive wellness, long before it becomes mainstream, by taking charge of your health with products that are only available at natural food and nutrition outlets. Support your healthy moods, eating habits and sleep cycles with the science of Source Naturals 5-HTP today.
• Have a small portion of a high carbohydrate snack (such as a few crackers or a banana) just before bedtime. That small amount of simple carbohydrates will trigger the release of extra serotonin to help you get to sleep.
• Exercise. Regular exercise helps to promote healthy sleep cycles. But stop exercising a few hours before bedtime so your body has time to switch to a relaxed state for sleeping.
• Supplement with 5-HTP, Melatonin and our Bio-Aligned™ Night Rest™ formula. These supplements can help you maintain healthy sleep cycles.
• Birdsall, T. (1998). 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically effective serotonin precursor. Alt Med Rev 3(4): 271-280.
• Magnussen, T., et al. (1981). Plasma accumulation and metabolism of orally administered single dose L-5 Hydroxytryptophan in man. Acta Pharm et Tox 49: 184-189.
• Magnussen, T., et al. (1980). Bioavailability and related pharmacokinetics in man of orally administered L-5 hydroxytryptophan in steady state. Acta Pharm et Tox 46: 257-262.
*Statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Prices are subject to change at anytime and without notice. The majority of the product information has been reprinted from the manufacturer.