|Item#||Name||Size & Form||Brand||Price||Retail||Actions|
One capsule of NOW® Green Tea Extract with 200 mg EGCg posesses the phytonutrient content equal to about 2-3 cups of green tea. Green Tea Extract contains numerous compounds, including Polyphenols and Catechins, that provide potent antioxidant benefits. One Catechin in particular, EGCg, has demonstrated extraordinary free radical quenching power in laboratory studies. In non-clinical studies, EGCg has also been shown to be protective against chemical and environmental assault on tissues and helps to support healthy cell cycle regulation.*
LIKELY USERS: People wanting antioxidant protection; Those trying to control cholesterol; People with high levels of inflammatory iron, including eaters of red meat; Those seeking to avoid caffeine, but wanting the benefits of green tea.
KEY INGREDIENT(S): Green tea extract (Camellia sinensis) 400 mg
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES:
• Total EGCg content: 50% (200 mg.) (Epigallocatechin gallate, a Catechin)
• Total Catechins content: 80% (by HPLC method) (Catechins are a form of Polyphenol)
• Total Polyphenols content: 98% (by UV method)
Polyphenols, especially catechins (including EGCg), are the main active ingredients in green tea, which act as antioxidants and bind iron, which may prevent some iron-dependent inflammation.
Less than 1% caffeine content, naturally occurring (versus one cup of green tea’s roughly 40 mg. of caffeine). There should be only around 3 mg. of caffeine, per capsule.
OTHER IMPORTANT ISSUES:
• Highest dose in one capsule.
• Vegetarian form.
• One capsule contains as much EGCg as about three cups of green tea.
• Green tea may correct cholesterol imbalances by raising HDL and lowering LDL cholesterol, while preventing LDL from oxidizing. Oxidized cholesterol is a key risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
• Green tea may also be a mild anticoagulant, or “blood-thinner”.
• Green tea has been shown to help maintain levels of desirable intestinal bacteria.
AMOUNT TO USE: One or more Vcaps® a day, preferably with meals. Three to four capsules would provide about the same antioxidant benefits as ten cups of tea, an amount used successfully in some studies.
COMPLEMENTARY PRODUCTS: Other antioxidants including Vitamins A, C and E, selenium, alpha lipoic acid, NAC, grape seed and skin extracts, pycnogenol and pine extracts, pomegranate and various berries.
CAUTIONS: Due to the lack of any substantial amount of caffeine in this formula, most of the usual tea cautions are not applicable. While the mild anticoagulant effects will not normally affect most people to any great degree, some caution should be used if taking blood-thinning drugs. Green tea may help the effects of chemotherapy drugs while preventing the normal tissue damage from these drugs. Please notify your physician about your supplement use if you are using any drugs!
*Statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Prices are subject to change at anytime and without notice. The majority of the product information has been reprinted from the manufacturer.