AdvaCAL is the only line of calcium supplements with AAACa calcium, the #1 bone–building calcium. AAACa, a patented ionic calcium, has shown statistically significant improvement in bone density in four published human studies. Participants in that research included women and men in their 60s and women in their 80s. In those studies bone density improvement started as early as 4 months, up to 3 years. The average increase over placebo ranged from 2.6% to 3.3% per year in long term studies.*
1. AAACa calcium in AdvaCAL is produced ONLY in Japan, a country known for its advanced technology and strict food safety regulations. AAACa calcium undergoes continuous food safety testing in Japan.
2. All production of AdvaCAL is done ONLY in Japan or the United States.
3. LaneLabs continuously tests AdvaCAL production lots for label claim potency, pathogens and heavy metals.
4. LaneLabs has been independently certified compliant in Good Manufacturing Practices by NSF International. Good Manufacturing Practices are the same standards followed in the production of pharmaceuticals. AdvaCAL consistently meets USP dissolution and disintegration standards.
5. Lead levels in AdvaCAL are well below the strictest levels imposed in the US. (California Proposition 65) for dietary supplements. Lead is a naturally occurring mineral, found in the water, soil, air as well as plant and animal products.
6. AdvaCAL is backed by five different technology patents. View Patents
7. A small study suggests that AdvaCAL may inhibit the formation of calcium oxalate in the kidneys and urinary tract.* Read study
A report in the medical journal Osteoporosis International summarized 32 studies conducted between 1977 and 2008 on calcium intake and bone density. The 32 multi-year studies involved 3,169 postmenopausal women, 79 skeletal measures and 7 different types of calcium. AdvaCAL users reported impressive results. With AdvaCAL, average bone density increased +1.5% per year, +3.3% per year compared to a placebo.* Click here to compare multi-year research results.
Reference: Nordin B.E.C. Osteoporosis Int'l (2009) 20:2135-2143
Calcium carbonate from algae (so-called "algae calcium") has one, unpublished 6-month study available. Participants took algae calcium, strontium, two different levels of bone nutrients and followed a bone-healthy diet and exercise plan. Only one of the two groups showed "improved" bone density. The "improved" group took higher levels of bone nutrients, suggesting that those nutrients may have been more beneficial than the algae calcium. In contrast, participants taking AdvaCAL calcium alone after 4-6 months had impressive increases in bone density in three different studies.without strontium, bone nutrients, exercise or diet changes.* Click here to compare 6 month research results.
Fujita, Calcif Tissue Int (1996) 58:226-230
Fujita, J Bone Miner Metab (1997) 15:223-226
Fujita, J. Bone Miner Metab (2000) 18, 212-215
*Statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Prices are subject to change at anytime and without notice. The majority of the product information has been reprinted from the manufacturer.