For Occasional Indigestion
It feels great when you’ve eaten well and your body has been energized with nutrients. But with your busy schedule, you might not always be able to eat well, and your body might not have the time or energy to properly digest your meals. The result: occasional indigestion and low energy because your food doesn’t get broken down enough to release the energizing nutrients you need. And poor digestion can lead to long-term health imbalances.
To reclaim the energy from your nutrients, Source Naturals, the science company, introduces DigestActive, a Bio-Aligned Formula™ designed to work with your body to stimulate optimal digestion. DigestActive contains the high potency, broad-spectrum blend of digestive enzymes found in our best-selling Essential Enzymes™, plus digestion-stimulating ingredients such as bromelain, papain and ginger. When you want digestive stimulation along with the nutrient releasing power of Essential Enzymes for occasional indigestion, take DigestActive.
Nutrient Digestion Systems
DigestActive also contains enzymes that work throughout the varying sections and pH (or acidity) levels of your digestive system. For the carbohydrate digestive system, there are amylase, amyloglucosidase and lactase. Amylase and amyloglucosidase convert starch into smaller, simpler sugars. Lactase breaks down the milk sugar lactose, which many adults are unable to digest.
For the protein digestive system, there are acid stable protease and vegetarian pancreatin to promote protein digestion in a wide range of pH levels. Additional protein digestion support comes from the pineapple enzyme bromelain, the papaya enzyme papain, and betaine HCl, which promotes the acidity level needed to denature proteins for digestion of their building blocks, amino acids.
For the fat digestive system, there is lipase to promote the healthy breakdown of fats, or triglycerides, into their nutrient building blocks, fatty acids and glycerol.
For the fiber digestive system, there are cellulase and hemicellulase to break down the sturdy cell walls in fibrous plants, thereby releasing more nutrients for digestion.
Bio-Aligned™ Digestive Support
DigestActive™ is scientifically formulated to support the body systems involved in healthy digestion. There are herbs and other ingredients to promote the digestive stimulant system and enzymes to promote the digestive systems for releasing nutrients from food. These ingredients work together to optimize the amount of energizing nutrients you can assimilate from your meals and to relieve occasional indigestion, occasional constipation, sour stomach, bloating and gas.
Digestive Stimulant System
DigestActive contains many ingredients that help stimulate your digestive process to promote healthy nutrient accessibility. Betaine HCl (hydrochloric acid) supports the acidic environment needed in your stomach to digest food. The bitter herbs gentian, ginger, peppermint and quassia all stimulate the appetite and the gastric juices needed for digestion. Bioperine® is a pepper extract that increases thermogenic, or heat generating reactions in the gastro-intestinal tract, which facilitates enhanced bioavailability of nutrients.
DigestActive contains all the key ingredients found in the best-selling Essential Enzymes™. Essential Enzymes is a popular product because it addresses body systems in addition to symptoms* of digestive imbalance. And it works. Increasing the breakdown of nutrients in the digestive system results in fewer digestive symptoms* as well as better nutrient availability. And DigestActive has added enzymes and herbs to promote digestive stimulation for relief of occasional indigestion.
Source Naturals is pleased to partner with your local health food store to bring you the unique health benefits of DigestActive. There is a revolution underway in how we think about and maintain our health, and natural food stores and outlets are at the forefront. You can benefit right now—long before word spreads to the general public—with the innovative nutrition of Source Naturals DigestActive.
Health Strategies for Digestive Wellness
• Eat slowly to give your body time to generate digestive juices as well as savor your food.
• Eat a balanced, whole foods diet to maximize your access to energizing bioavailable nutrients.
• Drink plenty of water to supply much needed fluid for digestion.
• Try to relax when eating, to promote the flow of your digestive juices.
• Stay active, because regular exercise helps to promote healthy digestion.
• Eat plenty of fiber to provide your GI tract with the bulk needed for healthy digestion.
• Eat probiotics, beneficial bacteria that help you digest foods These include acidophilus, which is found in yogurt, and bifidus.
• Eat prebiotic carbohydrates found in fruits and vegetables, such as FOS (fructooligosaccharides), to feed the friendly bacteria that live in your intestines and help your digestion.
• Supplement your diet with digestion promoting products such as Source Naturals probiotics ACIDOPHILUS, LIFE FLORA™, SUPER CARROT ACIDOPHILUS™, and BIFIDYN™, prebiotic NUTRAFLORA® FOS, and fibers such as CHOLESFIBER™, GRAPEFRUIT PECTIN, GUAR GUM, OAT BRAN 1000™, and PSYLLIUM HUSK POWDER.
Bland. J. (1993). Digestive Enzymes. Keats Publishing Co.
Holcenberg, J. et al. (1981). Enzymes as Drugs.John Wiley and Sons: New York. 331-340.
Linder, M. (1991). Nutritional Biochemistry and Metabolism. Appleton & Lange.