|Item#||Name||Size & Form||Brand||Price||Actions|
|Serving Size 1 Softgel|
|(Free Lutein) (from 18.5 mg Lutein Esters) (Xangold) (derived from Marigold Flowers)|
|** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
† Daily value not established
|Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 softgel daily with a meal.
|Other Ingredients: Softgel Capsule (gelatin, glycerin, carob, water) and Silica. Contains soy (oil).
Lutein is the active carotenoid in this potent, natural source antioxidant. It is naturally derived from marigold flowers and contains a normal blend of carotenoids including: Zeaxanthin and Cryptoxanthin.
• Lutein is not made in the body.
• Lutein must be obtained from food or vitamin supplements.
• Lutein is found in large amounts in green, leafy vegetables such as spinach. Lutein in the diet can play a role in maintaining healthy eyes.
• Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the leading cause of irreversible blindness among Americans age 65 and older.
• More than half of all Americans experience cataracts, a clouding of the eye's lens.
Preventative measures are important because eye diseases develop over a long period of time. By the time patients are diagnosed with AMD in their 60's or 70's, the disease may have been developing for 20 years or more.
• Lutein and zeaxanthin help build macular pigment density, a critical factor in the health of the macula and the retina.
• Research suggests that persons who eat high amounts of fruits and vegetables experience the lowest incidence of cataracts.
• Macular pigment density is related to clarity of the lens of the eye.
*Statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Prices are subject to change at anytime and without notice. The majority of the product information has been reprinted from the manufacturer.