Winner of the 2006 VITY Gold Award, PB 8® has satisfied millions of customers since 1985.
Rich meals, fast food, preservatives, refined sugars, stress & prescription drugs can all affect your body's natural internal balance, which results in poor digestion.
PB 8® Pro-Biotic Acidophilus is a combination of 8 types of friendly beneficial bacteria that favorably alter the intestinal balance, promotes healthy digestion, inhibit growth of harmful bacteria and support immune system function.*
Louis Pasteur discovered pasteurization, the method of heating milk to kill harmful bacteria. Years later at the pasteurization institute, Elie Metchnikoff researched and discovered the health-promoting capabilities of lactobacillus bacteria when he observed that people who ate yogurt tended to live longer. (1 capsule of PB 8 contains about the same amount of live probiotic culture activity as 10 cups of yogurt)
More than 400 different kinds of bacteria live in our gastrointestinal tract. The body depends on beneficial bacteria to manufacture B vitamins as well as to produce lactase and other antibacterial substances.
60 to 70 Million Americans Suffer from Digestive Diseases
(According to the National Digestive Disease information clearinghouse in Bethesda, MD.)
Todays commercial food processing procedures often destroy viable beneficial organisms, making it difficult for the body to maintain good intestinal flora. Even the majority of yogurt products no longer contain a viable acidophilus culture. Preservatives, additives, high-fat diets, alcohol, birth control pills, and stress can all result in poor intestinal flora. Antibiotic drugs are especially damaging to intestinal flora and kill all kinds of bacteria, both good and bad. The effects of increased antibiotic use on intestinal flora can last for weeks even after the drug is discontinued; often leading to yeast overgrowth, chronic infections, poor digestion, fatigue or allergies.
Acidophilus supplements can reintroduce beneficial bacteria into the system. Important benefits of acidophilus supplementation can include:
• Keeping constipation and diarrhea under control.
• Counteracting lactose intolerance problems by its association with lactase.
• Reduction of bad breath.
• Helpful in the reduction of internal gas.
• Working to control cholesterol levels by promoting normal absorption of dietary fats.
• Supporting the suppression of candida yeast.
• Suppression of a number of intestinal disorders.
• Prevention of intestinal contamination from infectious organisms common in some foreign countries.
• Stay Healthy With Nutrition, Elson M. Haas, M.D., Celestial Arts Publishing 1992.
• Nutrition Science News, Anthony Cichoke, D.C. August, 1997
• Intestinal Bacteria and Health, T. Mitsuaka, Harcourt Brace, 1978
• Annals of Internal Medicine, H.D. Hilton and P. Isenberg, 1992
PB 8 supplies 8 types of beneficial bacteria totaling 14 billion.