Only RejuveneX® Cream provides a skin care system that includes a complete moisturizing complex that replenishes NaPCA, lactic acid, and urea that are lost in aged skin, while patented Ceraphyl® NGA helps restore moisture and support youthful skin cells. The extraordinary, youth-promoting RejuveneX® Factor offers numerous benefits in the form of increased antioxidant power, improved hydrating ability, and advanced skin renewal technology. Now you can renew and revitalize your skin for a more radiant complexion with RejuveneX® Factor.
The skin is the largest organ in the human body weighing approximately ten pounds and covering an area of about 16 square feet. People often take skin for granted and tend not to take optimal care of it. Our skin is responsible for protecting our internal organs from the toxic external world. Our skin protects us from heat, cold, and physical injuries. It also provides us with sensory information about the nature of the external world, and is our first defense against invasion by bacteria, viruses, and other toxic elements. The skin is also an excretory organ, removing toxins from the body via perspiration.
The skin, as the outermost barrier of the body, is exposed to various sources of oxidative stress, in particular UV-irradiation and environmental toxins such as cigarette smoke, air pollution, etc. Internally, the skin is attacked like any other organ, through processes involving glycation (protein cross-linking), collagen-elastin degradation, and free radical-induced injury.1
Since January 1983, Life Extension members have enjoyed the many benefits of Rejuvenex®, an amazing skin cream developed by Professor Carmen Fusco that renews and revitalizes the appearance of the skin.
RejuveneX® Factor incorporates some of the latest advances in natural skin care—nutrients with proven therapeutic value that do so much more than just address the underlying mechanisms essential to healthy skin. These newest ingredients, combined with the best of the older tried and true ingredients, result in more noticeable skin firmness, elasticity, smoother skin tone, and vibrant texture and volume. The most recently added ingredients are:
• Pomegranate has been shown to help reverse signs of aging by promoting epidermal thickening17 and prolonging the life of dermal fibroblast cells. It is these fibroblast cells that produce the skin’s supporting structural fibers like collagen and elastin. Pomegranate has also demonstrated some of the most potent antioxidant properties of any plant.18
• Ceramide-2. Ceramides are naturally-occurring surface lipids that play a significant role in your skin’s hydration.19 The Ceramide-2 ingredient, together with Ceraphyl® NGA, help prevent dehydration even when the moisture level in your skin diminishes with age.
• Grape seed extract contains proanthocyanidins that have demonstrated antioxidant power that is 20 times greater than that of vitamin E and 50 times greater than that of vitamin C. The powerful phenolic compounds in grape seed protect the skin from sun damage while promoting the elasticity, flexibility, youthfulness and health of skin cells.20
RejuveneX® Factor is formulated with the QuSome® advanced efficacy delivery system that enables these ingredients to penetrate the skin’s lower layers and delays their release so that the skin obtains greater nourishment and extended protection.
The airless pump prevents oxidation of the active substances inside by preventing air from getting into the product. The pump itself has been made opaque with white enamel so that even light will not alter the antiaging ingredients. This packaging improvement makes daily application far more convenient.
In addition to the newly added antiaging ingredients, RejuveneX® Factor also includes a full spectrum of skin-revitalizing nutrients such as:
• Green and white tea extracts, among nature’s most potent skin protectors, green tea has been shown to prevent DNA damage,21 and when applied topically, to help maintain the skin’s structure supporting cells. Topical application of green tea extract reduces protein glycation—a major cause of wrinkling—by as much as 75%.22
• Hyaluronic acid helps the skin retain moisture. The patented QuSome® liposome delivery system allows hyaluronic acid to penetrate the skin more deeply.
• Alpha-lipoic acid, an antioxidant that helps maintain mitochondrial health, inhibits damaging inflammatory agents, and helps remove glycated collagen.
• Beta-glucan helps support immune status and helps with processes that are essential to retaining youthful-looking skin.
• Vitamin C in ascorbyl phosphate form quenches skin-damaging free radicals and nourishes the skin’s collagen strands.
• Vitamin A stimulates skin cell renewal by increasing the rate of mitotic cell division and facilitating the stimulating effects of epidermal growth factor.
• Vitamin E in both alpha and gamma tocopherol form, provides significant free radical protection against environmentally induced oxidation in the skin’s outer layer.
• RNA (ribonucleic acid) improves cellular energy and facilitates the replacement of older skin cells by more youthful cells. RNA has been documented to cause a visible lifting and tightening of the skin in just 21 days.
• Avobenzone helps protect against harmful ultraviolet rays that can damage skin and cause premature aging.