The ingredients in SINUSFREE reflect the botanical experience of traditional cultures throughout the world.• Yarrow is a hardy perennial plant that is native to Europe and Asia and has been naturalized in North America. Its leaves, flowers and oil have been used by herbalists since ancient times. Yarrow is strongly pungent and aromatic and contains sesquiterpene lactones, azulene, coumarins and flavonoids.
• Thyme is indigenous to the Mediterranean region, northern Africa and parts of Asia. It is rich in the essential oils, thymol and carvacrol, as well as flavonoids. Thyme is a strongly aromatic kitchen spice, traditionally used to support the normal flow of mucus and to facilitate deep breathing.
• Eyebright is a European botanical that has been used in the United States for at least 150 years.While most people, including many herbalists, associate eyebright with vision support, it has been traditionally used to support the sinuses.
• Horseradish has been cultivated for about 2,000 years for its thick, fleshy white roots, which possess an intense pungent taste. It is native to Europe, and was brought to America by early settlers. The pungency of horseradish is primarily due to the presence of its essential oils.
• Blumenthal, M. et al., eds. 1998. The Complete Commission E Monographs: Therapeutic Guide to Herbal Medicines, American Botanical Council: Boston.
• Gruenwald, J. et al. 1998. PDR for Herbal Medicines, 1st ed. Medical Economics Company, Inc.: Montvale, N.J.
• Haraguchi, H. et al. 1996. Antiperoxidative Components in Thymus vulgaris. Planta Medica 62:217-221.
• Hedley, C. 1996. Yarrow Monograph. The European Journal of Herbal Medicine, 2,3:14--18.
*Statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Prices are subject to change at anytime and without notice. The majority of the product information has been reprinted from the manufacturer.