To Support Normal Breathing SinusFree™ is a spicy and pungent sinus formula for supporting the free flow of mucus and facilitating normal breathing. It was developed exclusively for Planetary Herbals by herbalist and naturopathic physician, Dr. Jill Stansbury.
Botanical Sinus Support! SINUSFREE is a spicy and pungent sinus support formula. This herbal blend is rich in essential oils and flavonoids, which facilitate normal breathing, support healthy mucosa, and promote the free flow of mucus.
SINUSFREE was formulated by Jill Stansbury, N.D., the newest member of Planetary Formulas’ team of herbal formulators. SINUSFREE reflects Jill’s experience as a naturopathic doctor with a thriving practice in Battleground,Washington.
SINUSFREE herbal tincture is a blend of horseradish root, thyme herb, yarrow herb, and eyebright herb. It was designed exclusively for Planetary Formulas by herbalist and naturopathic physician, Dr. Jill Stansbury.
Traditional Botanicals for Sinus Support
The ingredients in SINUSFREE reflect the botanical experience of traditional cultures throughout the world.
• Yarrow is a hardy perennial plant that is native to Europe and Asia and has been naturalized in North America. Its leaves, flowers and oil have been used by herbalists since ancient times. Yarrow is strongly pungent and aromatic and contains sesquiterpene lactones, azulene, coumarins and flavonoids.
• Thyme is indigenous to the Mediterranean region, northern Africa and parts of Asia. It is rich in the essential oils, thymol and carvacrol, as well as flavonoids. Thyme is a strongly aromatic kitchen spice, traditionally used to support the normal flow of mucus and to facilitate deep breathing.
• Eyebright is a European botanical that has been used in the United States for at least 150 years.While most people, including many herbalists, associate eyebright with vision support, it has been traditionally used to support the sinuses.
• Horseradish has been cultivated for about 2,000 years for its thick, fleshy white roots, which possess an intense pungent taste. It is native to Europe, and was brought to America by early settlers. The pungency of horseradish is primarily due to the presence of its essential oils.
Essential Oils and Flavonoids The aromatic qualities of the herbs used in SINUSFREE come from their essential oils. Essential oils are often used in the form of teas, steams and inhalers as a way to liquefy mucus secretions, thereby promoting their free flow. The essential oils also evaporate readily and can be breathed in.When they come in contact with nasal membranes, they have a gentle stimulating effect that supports healthy mucosa and promotes circulation of mucus.
The effects of these herbs are similar to what we commonly experience when eating horseradish or drinking a hot cup of ginger tea—within minutes, mucus begins to flow freely and breathing is deeper
Yarrow, thyme and eyebright are also rich in flavonoids, which help to stabilize mast cells and thereby reduce the release of histamines. Flavonoids are an important part of a sinus support program.
Clinically Derived Formula from Dr. Jill Stansbury Planetary Formulas is committed to developing clinically derived, experiential formulas— so you can be assured of obtaining the benefits you are seeking from a herbal product.
• Blumenthal, M. et al., eds. 1998. The Complete Commission E Monographs: Therapeutic Guide to Herbal Medicines, American Botanical Council: Boston.
• Gruenwald, J. et al. 1998. PDR for Herbal Medicines, 1st ed. Medical Economics Company, Inc.: Montvale, N.J.
• Haraguchi, H. et al. 1996. Antiperoxidative Components in Thymus vulgaris. Planta Medica 62:217-221.
• Hedley, C. 1996. Yarrow Monograph. The European Journal of Herbal Medicine, 2,3:14--18.