Why is Hawaiian Spirulina the Best in the World?
Cyanotech Corporation is the worldwide leader in development and commercialization of microalgae products. The premium quality of Hawaiian Spirulina is the result of an unparalleled environment and advanced technology.
• An Ideal Climate and Location Kona, Hawaii is the sunniest coastal location in the United States, providing perfect year-round temperatures and a 12- month growing season. Other Spirulina farms must shut down for a few months due to weather that is either too hot in the tropics or too cold in temperate regions.
• A Superior Strain For more than 20 years – 8000 generations – Hawaiian Spirulina has been adapting to the intense Hawaiian sun. These conditions have given birth to a distinctive carotene-rich strain known as Spirulina Pacifica, providing the highest levels of mixed carotenoids, enzymes and antioxidants of any Spirulina in the world.
• Deep Ocean Water with 94 Trace Minerals Our ponds are filled with fresh water drawn from wells in the rainforest aquifer, supplemented with nutrient-rich ocean water pumped from a depth of 2000 feet. This vital resource provides a rich mixture of calcium, magnesium and trace minerals. To our knowledge, our Spirulina farm is the only farm in the world that pays for its water; other farms use river water or irrigation water.
• Pesticide Free, Herbicide Free and Non-irradiated Spirulina Pacifica is regularly tested by an independent laboratory to ensure that no pesticides or herbicides are present, and is never irradiated.
• State of the Art Technology Our patented oxygen-free drying system, Ocean Chill Drying™, allows Spirulina Pacifica to be dried in an environment which preserves high nutrient and enzyme concentrations by preventing oxidative damage. Oxygen barrier packaging and cold press tableting protect Spirulina Pacifica’s superior nutritional profile and fresh taste.
• GRAS Status Only Spirulina grown in the United States has attained “GRAS Status,” (Generally Recognized as Safe by the US FDA for all food, beverage and supplement applications.) Cyanotech’s quality control and intense hygiene procedures during growing and processing make for the purest Spirulina in the world. Cyanotech’s Spirulina is known for extremely low levels of lead and other heavy metals as well as very low bacterial levels.